Sunday, November 19, 2006

Alliekins

As most of you know I live with two of my closest friends who i've known for 8 years. We went to college together. They are married and have a daughter Allie who is almost 2 1/2. She calls me "Uncle Byn". While living with a 2 year old that isn't your's can be a little difficult at times, i've been realizing more and more how much of a blessing (and practice for the future) it is to be in this situation. I really do love this kid!

Allie (or Alliekins as I call her) is adorable! I've been a regular part of her life since she was born and have lived with her since she turned one. On my worst days this kid has managed to bring a smile to my face and caused me to forget whatever trivial thing that only moments before I thought was so important.

Last night we sat on the couch and watched "Finding Nemo" (for the gazillionth time). As usual, she sat there with her arms around me..cuddled up as close as she could.

Thinking back on it now, it's those moments that serve as a reminder that the bad times can never out trump the good ones.

*sigh* Now to work on getting one of my own! Well, not like now but one day...











0 comments: