Sunday, December 07, 2008

Bad Blogger...BAD!

It’s been brought to my attention that I’ve been a very bad blogger these past few months. I can’t argue. I have been. In my defense I’ve been doing a lot of living and as a result haven’t had much time to put my thoughts and experiences up for everyone to see. Truth is, I don’t know when and if I’ll blog much from now on. I just don’t feel like I have anything worth while to say.

I often post music videos on my blog. It may seem weird, but music speaks to me in ways that nothing else does. When I’m feeling a certain way, often the first thing that comes to mind is a song. Sometimes it’s a song that I wrote or am creating in my head. Sometimes it’s someone else’s. Music is a powerful thing, and I’m always amazed at the fact that there really is a song for every occasion.

It’s been a great weekend for me, filled with good news and good friends. I’ve had a ball. Today as I was walking home from the train listening to a song called Kings and Queens by Apostle of Hustle, I somehow wandered into the thought of how awesome it would be to cap this weekend hand in hand with the love of my life. These types of experiences have been common for me lately. I don’t know if it’s the Fall or just par for the course in getting older, but it’s interesting to see all the random situations that make me think about the day when that someone will really be there. I don’t know who he’ll be or what “we’ll” be like together, but thinking about it is pretty exciting, because love is just, well, exciting. I suppose I’m more of a romantic than I give myself credit for.

I love this song, and it comes to mind whenever I think about love and that moment when you realize that you’ve fallen for someone. I fully intend to play this song one valentine’s day for guy I end up falling for. Hopefully we don’t know each other and he’s not a reader of this blog. Otherwise the surprise is totally ruined.

It’d be even more romantic if we met in a coffee shop. I guess a guy can only ask for so much.

0 comments: