Thursday, September 06, 2007

Glosoli

Glosoli is icelandic for "Glowing sole", and one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite bands "Sigur Ros". I love the video that Sigur Ros chose to use with this song. I love it because it's full of kids...kids leading kids. It's innocent, it's free of expectation and assumptions, it's uplifting, inspiring, and yet, unless you know icelandic, you have no idea what any of it means.

I've been listening to this song since last year. I'd play it whenever I was down, happy, anxious, and angry. Something about it just makes me....forget. Somehow, this song, everytime I hear it, reminds me of the things that really matter in life, which usually aren't the things i'm dwelling on. I don't know that that was Sigur Ros' intention, but that's what it does for me nonetheless. The children are free! :)

Thank God for music!

Sigur Ros....marry me!!

1 comments:

David said...

I have seen that before, but didn't know it was Sigur Ros. No wonder you like him so much - it's an awesome song (and music video).