Thursday, September 27, 2007

Awaking With the Dawn

I go for a run early in the morning. Not only is it a great way to wake up (although some days, or weeks, waking up is more difficult than others) but there’s just something humbling about running through city streets as the sun rises above the buildings. I don’t run far, only between 1-1.5 miles. I know, “Bryan are you kidding me…a mile!?” Because I live in the city and rely on a combination of my feet and public transportation to get to and from, I don’t really need to run very far. The combination of running and walking results in about 10-15 miles each week. So, my morning run is really just a way of getting in some more strenuous activity than walking.

Running also clears my head. I find that when I run in the morning I rarely think about negative things. Instead, I think about how blessed I am to live in the city I wanted to be in since I was a kid but never thought I’d live in. I think about how nice it is to have good family and friends, even though we have our differences. I think about how good it feels to be able to run, because some people can’t. I think about how great God is for giving me the life that he’s given me. Oh, and sometimes I think about the attractive dudes I see walking their dogs while i'm running that I try to pretend like I don’t notice. I’m shy. AND, I think about love. Yes, that’s right boys and girls, Bryan actually does think about love. Newsflash!

Anyway, This morning’s run was wonderful. Well, except for the part where I realized that I didn’t hydrate myself enough and spent the 20 minutes after I got home trying to avoid puking. That wasn't so wonderful. When I got home though I had, and still have, a song I wrote a while ago buzzing through my head. It is about love. More so, it’s about being in love and what that might feel like. I don’t remember when I wrote it. New songs/poems often flow through my head. I guess that’s what happens when your parents are musicians.

Below is a few lines from “Could You..” I’ll probably be playing this song in my head during my ride to work this A.M. Which reminds me, gotta run!

"Sitting in the mid day sun
Passers by start to become
Rays that dance around the light that you and I emit here
Wrap us up in something more
Something more we can explore
A world we carry on our shoulders as we move into each other
And the birds they start to sing
Rejoicing with us in this thing that here is quickly growing, flying, blooming, overflowing

This isn’t what I thought it’d be like
It’s greater, too great for me to deny
Come in closer

Coming closer
Come in closer
Coming closer….now….."

-by Bryan

0 comments: